Nayanthara in Sandalwood now

0 comments
http://coolstuffs.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ban-lifted-on-nayanthara.jpg


Rumour mills have been working overtime about Nayanthara making her Sandalwood debut for sometime now. In fact, she almost sealed a deal with Crazy Star Ravichandran for his film Kichaka last year, but had to withdraw because of date problems.

Nayan, however, will now star in Upendra’s next directorial, the title of which is being inferred as Super. “I always wanted to do a Kannada film, but was too busy with Tamil and Telugu projects. Moreover, I didn’t want to start off in a small way,” Nayanthara tells BT.

Sandalwood is the only southern industry the actress hasn’t ventured into so far. “I wanted to do a Kannada film before I quit acting. Not many people know that I was born in Bangalore. It’s my favourite city in India,” says Nayan.

Going by media reports, Nayanthara also has another Karnataka connection — Prabhu Deva, whom she’s been linked with, was born in Mysore. But the actress would rather not comment on that. “I open up about certain issues only when I think it necessary. Otherwise, I allow rumours to drag on until people have absolutely nothing left to write about me,” she counters.

So, what does she think about the Kannada film industry? “I’m sure it’s like any other industry. It’s too early to talk about it. I neither know the language nor have I watched any Kannada films,” says Nayan, who’ll start shooting for Super next month.

Why Nayan?
‘Nayanthara is well known across south India. She’s apt for the role scripted by Upendra. We put in a lot of effort to bring her to Sandalwood. We are happy that we’ve got convenient dates from her.’

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails